2.22.2009

New Job

Tomorrow, I will begin my new job. I'm extremely excited for it as I've been looking forward to starting over the past month. I'll be working in the "Client Retention & Growth Group". I'm looking forward to helping construct the overall vision and direction of the group. It is a very needed element the company. I believe the formation of this group will help facilitate increased client satisfaction and provide many opportunities to grow our current client base.

A long time ago, my grandpa told me if you work hard... focusing on your responsibilities... while not letting the "politics" of a situation affect you, you will always be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. I've tried to apply his advice and it has paid dividends for me. While I will likely miss certain elements of working in finance (mostly the people I worked so closely with), I'm looking forward to growing my own abilities and working in a more "client facing" department. I'll have opportunities to dabble in all sorts of different organizations (sales, marketing, client services, product management, etc). Tomorrow is day one... of many many more days to come.

6 comments:

Carl&Tawny said...

Good luck Amanda! I know you will do great!

Rachelle said...

Wow! Congrats on the new job and good luck girl. :)

Unknown said...

You will be fantastic...people can learn from your example.

Sev said...

Congrats! :D

Jessica and Reece said...

Congrats! It sounds like you are doing really well. We need to get together soon! Are you still working at the same place?

Heidi and Josch said...

wow, cool. how is it going?